Friday, December 5, 2008

Final Thoughts...

This class has been quite an interesting experience.  I didn't really know what to expect coming into it.  I hadn't taken an english class in quite sometime.  I was just simply finishing out my curriculum for my minor and thought this would be an interesting class.  Who knew there could be so much information to children's literature, so many undercurrents of all sorts of different things.  There are so many things going on in children's stories, things you would never think to look at otherwise.  One of my favorites was Bryan Talbott's Alice In Sunderland because of all the history and speculation that it brings to light about Lewis Carroll and his story of a little blonde girl, Alice Pleasance Liddell.  There are so many versions of the fairy tales that we have read, versions I never knew.  It's been interesting learning what we have so far about children's literature and I am sure there is so much more to know...

"Good children's literature appeals not only to the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child."   -Unknown

No comments: